1.25.2010

Almost silent

My voice gave out this morning. Some kind of unwelcome bug is causing my throat to be sore and has gradually chipped away at my voice like a sculptor intent on destroying the entire piece of marble in frustration.

I woke up and tried to speak on the phone and nothing came out.

I worked at home because if I went in to the office I would be constantly asked questions I couldn't answer to anyone's satisfaction - including my own. Being at home at least forced people to email me with their questions. And I got work done without interruption for once.

I hope that tonight as I sleep the fragments and chips of my voice get swept away and replaced by a shiny new voice, because tomorrow will be even more frustrating if it continues this way.


[listening to "The Chauffeur" - Duran Duran]

No comments:

Post a Comment